Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Blissful Baths

About a month ago, I started taking baths again. Now before you say "ew," I do actually take showers, but until recently have denied myself the simple, cheap & totally accessible luxury of bubble baths. Like oh, yeh, I don't have time for them! The good news is - I found I actually do.

Like this morning, I was out-of-sorts after not having slept well, having woken up twenty times to pee, having anxiety dreams when I was asleep, dear husband stealing covers the entire night, taking a look out the window this morning at the rainy-crummy weather and my general disgruntlement at having-to-work-at-all-but-especially-today. I decided to call in "late" (as opposed to "sick" or "dead") and have a bath. OH MY GOD! I think I've established a new paradigm. I don't think I've ever had a bath in the morning! The story ends well, with me in a MUCH improved state of mind, turning up at the office at 11:20. OK, so I can't do this every day, but it worked wonders today.

No comments: