Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Streams of Unconsciousness

So, you thought I'd given up on my blogging life, eh? Nah.

Got a 94% on that Chemistry test - no one more surprised (and pleased) than me!

Teacher got me royally pissed (as opposed to just commonly pissed) the other morning by starting the class early with no prior notification thereof. I walked in on time to find her whisking thru her transparencies.

Now we're gearing up for another exam. Oh joy.

I've come to a realization after having bored to death a guest with a rambling diatribe about abortion, fueled by way too much wine. Yeh, I should watch the amount I drink, but more importantly, I should drop that subject permanently. There is absolutely no point in bringing it up. I have my values, they have theirs - and never the twain shall meet. But, if it were truly a personal and private choice (to kill your kid), then no red cent of mine should ever go to supporting (any) abortion (e.g., healthcare/insurance that covers abortion, etc). Your mistake, your bill. Fat chance!

War on drugs? Same thing. Just a way for our govt to spend a huge amount of (our) money and man-power for no appreciable benefit. The constant is that Americans love their drugs & will find other means of acquiring them or, they'll just make them at home. Then demand that there be all sorts of "free" rehabilitation to salvage their useless lives. Your mistake, your bill. Nope, we pay for that too.

Wars run and international policies hatched, having the effect akin to creating antibiotic resistant strains of tuberculosis by sharing your meds. We pay on myriad levels for that, believe me.

I think I'm going to try to ignore all these things, adopt a positive if self-absorbed mental state, and attempt to make enough money to go to school and continue dining out when I want. Blah. My fury at these issues and how they're dealt with serves only to give me stomachaches (I've had a lot of those lately, but I suspect partly due to the gallons of coffee I drink daily, and the consequent erosion of my stomach lining). Anyhoo, there it is. Rambling diatribe sans alcohol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the word "abortion" could be stricken from the language; I am so sick and tired of hearing about it. Women have been aborting themselves for thousands of years, and we can pass all the laws we want against it - it's not going to stop them from doing it.

I remember my mother telling me that when she was a kid, the friendly neighborhood midwife was also the friendly neighborhood abortionist. When I was a kid, our friendly corner druggist was also the abortion "connection"
and this was in an overwhelmingly Catholic neighborhood. He had some concoction he used to sell and if that didn't work, he knew where to "send you." (Further to the Catholic thing - up until around 20 years ago, the issue of a first-trimester miscarriage was not baptized - now it is.)

I believe abortion should be legal, but I do not believe the government should pay for it. After all, we're not talking about $100,000 open-heart surgery; maybe if people had to lay out a few hundred dollars, they'd learn to stop at the corner drug store before they decide to kick the sexual gong around.

Abortion is a disgusting, dehumanizing procedure and in this day and age, it's stupid. I mean I can't go into RiteAid or even the corner newspaper store without seeing condoms for sale (different sizes, colors, flavors, glow-in-the dark)- but then, you'll never lose money betting on how disgusting and stupid human beings can be. End of rant! - Aunt Joan

Renee AKA "GOP Baby" said...

Aunt Joan,
Don't hold back - tell us what you really think. ;)

Seriously, we're pretty much on the same page. And besides disgusting and stupid, humans can also be short-sighted, needlessly violent, cruel, hypocritical and back to stupid. Yep.