Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year!

Ok, so it's been awhile since I've posted, after I said I'd be out of commission for a week or so...so I'm back with a few of my New Year's resolutions - some of which I've gotten a start on:

1. Get my credit report. Done - well at least one of three. You can get one free report a year from each of the three credit agencies - Equifax, Experion & Trans Union - and you don't have to get them all at once. It's easy & here's the link on how you do it. Thanks to DH Jeff for sending me the link. The agencies also inform you about what to do if you think you've had your identity stolen. Fortunately for me there were no surprises.

2. Cook more. Well on my way: I tried a shrimp & pasta recipe for Jeff that my mother made for me while I was visiting over the holidays. I also discovered that snow peas are one of the easiest veggies to cook right (still crunchy). On a different night I baked salmon steaks and sauteed a veggie medley. All turned out well.

3. Straighten out and organize the mess of wires associated with my desktop computer and printer. I know - pedestrian - but it's been bothering me for a while and I'm just getting to it. I'll need more of those nifty velcro ties to finish the job however.

4. Lose about ten pounds (ie, get rid of the goo around my middle). I've been a complete couch potato thru the holidays, but now I must get serious & start working out regularly again. Uggh.

5. Get more sleep. I'm really bad about getting to bed before midnight. After I finish this post, however, it's to bed with me!

No comments: