Monday, July 18, 2005

Hello again!

Sorry for the LONG absence. I know you've missed me and my streams of consciousness. Well, there are some good reasons: 1) DH Jeff & I were on vacation for 2 weeks, mostly in Key West - until they evacuated us (more on that) and 2) for the last week, we've been suffering from a head cold that we doubtless picked up in our "stay" at Miami Airport. While that doesn't stop Jeff from updating his sites, it's enough to give me an excuse not to blog on mine. Anyhoo, we've survived and I'm back.

Something new on the site - the tip jar (found at right in sidebar). Yeh, it's kinda like panhandling, except 1) I actually give you some diversion too & 2) unlike street-corner bums, I'm actually going to do something productive with my life and your money. So, if something I write especially jazzes you, feel free to tip. Of course, this is totally voluntary.

Coming up...I kept a journal of our trip to the keys and will post as soon as I transcribe it from my chicken scratch. Also, I just finished a good book which I will be reviewing. I've just signed up for Amazon Associates program, so I'll be including that cool link to Amazon with my review too (again, another potential revenue source). Am I obsessed with money? No, I'm obsessed with the absence thereof. Anyhoo, painless for you to link, helps me out.

Finally, if you want to be disturbed by human activity (yet again), read the latest about this old woman who had a cat (living and dead!) collection that tops out at 488 at last count. It really defies all kinds of reason.

No comments: