Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Misc Stuff Update

Ok, now I spaz with this ridiculous-but-intense "fear of failure" vibe vis-a-vis school. My chemistry class tends to reinforce this feeling. I will have to work very hard at TWO WHOLE SEMESTERS of this crap. Gack. Oh well, 1) I will always find something to worry about and 2) I will memorize whatever I have to in order to pass these requirements with a decent grade. End of story. Doesn't mean I won't still be spazzing all the way.

Jeff bought us the series The Office (British version) and we've watched the whole thing. It's a brilliant hoot and sometimes painful to watch because the situations fall a little too close to home. Many a cringe-worthy scene.


Here's a very sad article about a nice guy who was shot and killed in DC while walking his dog. Depressing and horrible. But if any readers in the area have any info, the police contact info is at the end of the article.

This article is about yet another ridiculous appointment by the Administration of a person with no experience in the actual subject matter (remember the last FEMA director?) being charged with heavy-duty responsibility, this time at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (part of DHS). This really shows Bush's view of how important immigration is - put someone in charge without any qualifications. This is merely another depressing bit of evidence that Bush will do nothing responsible about immigration during his administration. Gack.

Give me some good news!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to confirm the "spazzing." I have seen it and I have the video to prove it. Think hamster in a blender.

MMMM...hamster-shake.