Thursday, October 06, 2005

Cosi Issues

This was totally unbelievable. I went into Cosi at Ballston Metro to get a latte before class. I had a frequent coffee-drinker card filled up (no surprise), so I was going to get my free-bee. Only they wouldn't honor it because in the words of the manager, it looked like a forgery. Yes, you read right - a forged stamped card. He said with an absolutely straight face that "see, all the stamps are facing the same direction, so it looks like a forgery." I was not pleased.

Almost every weekend, Jeff & I go across the street to Cosi for bagels and coffee. He usually finds a seat and I stand in line to pay and get my card stamped. I buy 2 coffees, I get 2 stamps. Makes sense, huh? Next week, same deal. Many of the same baristas are there every week, stamping with the same stamps. Does it really surprise you that the stamps look similar? That they face the same way? Well, the bonehead youngster who was so astute as to catch the nefarious forger saved his store a whopping $3.33...and lost a customer. Thanks, but I'll stick to the Cosi in my neighborhood, wherein the baristas remember us, accept full cards without the suspicion, and make an attempt at customer service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES, it is very suspicious when they are all faced the same way!