Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Pregnant and homeless" revisited

Day before yesterday, after work, I was again accosted by a female demanding money because she was "pregnant and homeless." I found out that there's a homeless shelter around the corner, so the female residents must get together on this one and develop tactics - unfortunately for them, they all use the same message. Also unfortunately for them, the mere thought of irresponsible pregnancy makes me disgusted, ie, not motivation to give them money. And lying about being pregnant makes me even more disgusted. And anyone demanding money from me for their sorry life when I'm leaving from a long day of GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT is sadly mistaken to think I'm going to give them anything except a lecture.

You'll be happy to know that I didn't read her the riot act OR punch her like I wanted to. I just kept moving along home. I'm so civil it's not funny.

No comments: