Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday afternoon ennui

I've accomplished absolutely zilch today. I'm falling asleep and although I have stuff to be working on, I'm too bored/agitated (yes! asleep, bored and agitated) to concentrate on it. I have five more hours to work. Tick-tock.

School project progress report: I've decreased my 403(b) withholding at work so I could increase my take-home pay a little. Saving change (you think I'm kidding). Sold stock. Closed out a money-market account. Basically this is just to accumulate some sustenance funds. Admittedly, I did not plan very well on that account. I should have been putting away money a year ago. But that's the past.

I'm going to be very poor for the next two or so years. Advance warning to family and friends: you'll be getting cards and cute homemade gifts for the duration.

My brother is getting married this weekend and I have yet to formulate my attire plan. Tonight, I need to give myself a serious pedicure so I don't offend anyone at the wedding with my nasty feet. Tomorrow night is the penultimate accounting class, next week's the final. I've planned well for that - all material read & assignments done from the syllabus. So tonight I'll get some advance studying in while my toe nails dry.

Did I mention that my lovely in-laws sent us the first season of "24"? Well, they did, and is it wrong to watch an episode first thing in the morning, while drinking coffee (and while we should be getting ready for work)? Ok, so we're becoming hooked. When it first came on tv and we still had cable, I checked out the first few episodes, but they didn't take. Can I just say how much better it is to see a series on DVD? No commercials, rewind at will, continuity of story. You get the picture.

Ok, gotta go do some work so that others have good self-esteem.

UPDATE, 5:12pm: The day IS actually marching on. I now have about one month's rent & expenses (w/no frills) in the bank, so I'm feeling a little less shaky about finances. I had a good workout, so less agitation. DH Jeff is making steak tonight and that makes me happy. Mmmmm, red meat!

Thanks, Bro, for the reassurance - on attire and morning episodic enjoyment! No, no morning whiskey - yet. ;)

Well, back to work to keep the underclass at bay. Doesn't that mean we shouldn't have any crime since their needs are taken care of? Oh, wait a minute, the social contract only goes one way, huh? I guess the value is that I'm not physically attacked (knock on wood) by a mob on my walk to the Metro, for being, what? um, uppity and privileged. Yeh, that's it.

1 comment:

csperling said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with watching a favorite show first thing with morning coffee. Now, a morning whiskey, that could be a problem. Don't stress too much about the attire. It is a pretty informal event and Saturday is supposed to be humid, but less hot.

good luck getting through the day.
c