Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I voted, did you?

I mean, if you had elections going on, of course. I went over at 6:30am, expecting at least a short wait as there has been a hubbub about the gubernatorial race in Virginia. I was 2nd in line. Ok, I hope that means that the rest of eligible voters in my area are voting later today. Cast your vote, darlings! You know I voted Republican (Kilgore, et al) unless there wasn't a choice, then I voted for whomever was listed. The main ones were Republican, though.

Just FYI: we in the Park Lane district of Arlington have very nice touch screen polling machines - easy to use, easy to revise your choices before you touch that HUGE button that says VOTE. I challenge anyone to screw up their vote on this system. Tax money well spent. Although, the last machines were just fine and dandy too - again - not hard to use. Thank goodness we never (ok - in all my voting time in Arlington this has never been the case) had those stupid chads or anything like it.

My only beef is that the signs outside the polling place were in English and Spanish. I mean, if you are eligible to vote, ie, a citizen, shouldn't you be able to read the sign in English? Of course, I have my doubts that that rule is strictly enforced, knowing what I know about Virginia and its lax enforcement toward illegals and such - who knows??? Hopefully if Kilgore gets to be Gov, he'll be more accountable about such things. One can hope.

No comments: