Sunday, November 27, 2005

Two Quick Book Reviews

Just finished The Hillary Trap, by Laura Ingraham. Although it uses Hillary Clinton as an influential example, Laura is really taking liberals in general to task for inhibiting and "victimizing" women instead of liberating them, with their (liberals')insistence on dependence on big government as solution to every problem. She makes some very good points that I've realized myself. In general, the book is balm to those of us right-leaning women.

The other book I just finished is The Deep End, by Joy Fielding. Good suspense novel with a protagonist whom you want to slap at times and peripheral characters who aren't totally sympathetic either. A few years ago this was made into a film; I'd like to check it out to compare characterizations. Regardless of the format of the story, I do actually enjoy characters that get under one's skin.

You ask, when do I have time to read for pleasure? Well, I do have a lot of time on the Metro, waiting for Metro, on school shuttles, waiting for school shuttles, and of course, before bed-time to relax with a book I choose! :)

Anyhoo, speaking of time, I must get back to doing a lovely research paper for a criminology class and studying for yet another Chemistry test. The semester is thankfully almost over! Yippee!

No comments: