Friday, June 16, 2006

Heavy Breathing

We were reading quietly before nodding off when I heard what sounded like heavy breathing. Loud and insistent. I asked, “Jeff, do you hear that?” He said “yes, what is it?” “I don’t know – but it sounds like it’s coming from inside our apartment.” At that point, we just looked at each other – a little fearful. I knew we shouldn't have moved to the second floor - now a homicidal maniac has escaped from the "justice center" across the street and we're done for!

I jumped up and went to the kitchen, wherein the breathing was louder. It was coming from the washer/dryer cabinet. I flung open the door and – at which point the breathing sounded mechanical. “Ah-ha,” said I, ‘it’s the running dryer plus clay pots that I’ve put on top (not the metal box of tools) that’s creating this weird and spooky effect!” Whew! Hey maybe we should record that sound for Halloween!

A little lame, maybe, but this what passes for excitement in our world!

No comments: