Friday, October 05, 2007

Treo "premium" hard case

A month and a half ago, I ordered a metallic red hard case cover for my Treo 680 to protect it from the "ravages" of my purse/satchel. Initially, the cover looked sharp, seemed secure and was very reasonably priced ($4.95 plus shipping); however, after using it under normal conditions (not extreme, didn't drop it or throw it around) for a month and a half, the case is crumbling at the connect points, making it useless. Not only that, but the red coating has been chipping off around the edges and at the stylus insertion site for a while. I contacted the vendor, Accessory Export, and they said they have a 30-day return/exchange policy and but that they have no control over normal wear and tear. After this unacceptable response and a shoddy product that lasted 1.5 months, I will not buy anything more from this vendor & will certainly not replace this case with another of the same product. Caveat emptor!

No comments: