Friday, December 19, 2008

Arghhh!

Just finished my resume on the DC Employment Services Site (I'm required to look for a job using their site for my unemployment pay), and I'm exhausted. Totally wiped out. And I haven't even applied for any jobs on the site. I should want to workout, but all I want is a drink. And I have completing the USAJobs.org site to look forward to. Clearly not tonight.

And then, I'll have to write COVER LETTERS - ARGGGHHH! I'd like to put a one-liner: See attached for resume. I suppose prospective employers want to see more "personality" and "enthusiasm," and so I'll have to make something up, but seriously, folks, most of the jobs for which I'm qualified are not going to be exciting. And do employers really want a taste of my cynicism? Do they really want to know that I detest meetings & am not overjoyed by the prospect of overtime? That I suck at office politics and prefer just to do my job (Heaven forfend!)?

Oh well, you know I'll slog through these things, because, you know, I have to.

No comments: