Friday, April 08, 2005

School Update

Well, now I'm deep in the throes of my education funding (financial aid) campaign.

Some good stuff: my years of paying taxes in Virginia have paid off: I'm likely to get some grant money for being a good little resident. Cool.

But...I'm far from my goal of debt-free education. Sure I'm eligible for loans, but I'm getting too old for debt (or just too irritated by it). So...I'm applying for EVERYTHING that involves grant and or scholarship money - or just money in general. If you know of some leads, pls let me know about them!!! Just not the ones that involve sexual servitude - I'm against that.

This also means that I will now engaging in shameless blog fundraising. Be expecting tip jars, Amazon links, and within reason, advertisements. I NEED MONEY to go to school, buy my books, pay my lab fees, and stay in our apartment. Did I mention that I DO NOT want to move? Sure, the place is pricey, but we don't even own a car & besides, DH Jeff & I like it so much. You understand, don't you?

Oh, and I do apologize for this, I've put some of my dear family & friends' emails on the scholarship contests' lists so you'll now be receiving spam from online universities promising an MBA in 6 months. Sorry, sorry, sorry! Just delete them.

Look, my little supporters (of various kinds), you're not just doing it for me, you're also doing it for the community at large! For those of you unfamiliar with my current mission, the field of study is Criminal Justice/forensic science, to eventually catch a bad guy with a partial thumbprint on the inside of a glove, and effectively prosecute his ass. You get the picture - making sure Gotham City is safe for the tax-paying, law-abiding Gothamites. I can do it with your support!!!

I'll also try to actually blog more often to keep you entertained. Ok, end communication.

1 comment:

The Zombieslayer said...

Don't feel bad about taking out school loans. I loaned as much as I could and nowadays, a decade afterwards, I'm buying houses for a living.
Student loans don't count against you when you need funds, unlike credit card debt. And the interest is tax-deductable. So loan all you can and relax.