Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A little rant from my mom...

...on a subject that pops up (oops!) from time to time.

TO ALL GOOD MOMS ALL OVER THE USA!

I am SICK and TIRED of listening/looking at all these damn programs about the latest complaint~~

BREAST-FEEDING

What in the world is all the fuss about???? For that matter, what is wrong with the USA??!!??

I mean, REALLY!! To be complaining about mothers breast-feeding on airplanes~~or anywhere else, for that matter. BIG DEAL!

Let me tell you a few facts from first-hand experience:

1. When a mom is ready to breast-feed, it is because of nature/baby's schedule. Mom knows it's time, because her breast are full and ready to "explode", AND are hurting terribly.

2. Baby also know his/her's schedule and is looking for food~~they aren't going to wait for the "right" place or circumstance. IT'S TIME!! DAH!!!!

3. Mom's pain relief comes when she is able to nurse, regardless of where she is. But still..., at the beginning, it is no fun and games for mom. Let me reassure you, It is painful and uncomfortable. Most moms do it because they feel that it is most beneficial to their child.

BUT..., In all these TV programs I've seen so far, they have failed to inform the public of the above~~three very important factors. This is all very natural and a wonderful thing, I might add, to both mom and baby. The bonding and the nutrition is NO comparison to "the bottle."

I've breast-fed you Renee [this author], on air-liners~~Japan to USA~~that was in 1966-67. Nobody complained, and no one even noticed! On top of all this, the air attendants were most helpful! Furthermore, I also breast-fed your brothers, thereafter, AND I'm one proud mom!! I might add, it was done in good taste and complete discretion.

BTW: Where are the protesters/complainers who think this is soooo terrible, but who most probably/likely frequent the "go-go" night clubs, where women are either dancing with all their breast hanging, and/or serving drinks plus??!!??

Last week, flying from LA to SA, I noted some mom's breast-feeding at the airports~~a "sit-in." At the time, I didn't know what was going on, OR I would have said, "what are you doing there, sitting on the floor!! Please get up and take my seat."

No comments: