Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Episodic TV: a review of House, season 1

Ok, on a whim, I ordered the first season of the series House, mostly because I heard 1) it involved medical mysteries and 2) because the main character was a real, well, character.

Hugh Laurie, the actor who plays Dr. House, is the main reason to see the program: the character is a pill-popping misanthrope who says exactly what he's thinking, no matter what. This often gets him into trouble,...but for his medical mystery-solving skills. The support cast, I would say, is good and the mysteries are fun, but make no mistake, Laurie is the main draw. He says everything you'd want to say, and lots you wouldn't - very entertaining!

I'd give this series a B+ - and when I get another freebee situation from Amazon, I may just order season 2.

Technorati topics: ,

No comments: