Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oh, yeh, I'm back from Vegas

I guess from the last post, you've figured out that I'm back at the ol' homestead. Vegas was a blast, and not only in temperature.

Speaking of heat, though, the average high temp during our stay was 108 degrees Fahrenheit. At that temp, it does feel like a furnace, albeit a dry one. Here are some musts, if you're to remain healthy and conscious during your stay:

- water, water, water! And by "water" I mean H20, not soda or anything else. DH Jeff & I were constantly drinking water because the dry, hot air sucks the moisture right out of you. And fast. I've heard tales of dehydration and it's not pretty.

- sunblock, sunblock, sunblock! I used SPF 45 and sunbathed. Evidently I missed a spot or two and burned after only about two hours in the sun. I mean REALLY red in the missed parts. Those spray-sunblocks are good - just get someone to spray your back.

In up-coming posts, I'll share what we did & the best places to go (restaurants, etc.).

No comments: