Monday, December 13, 2004

Movie Review: Blade Trinity

Ok, there are so many things wrong with this movie, starting with the fact that even though they had a huge budget and two solidly entertaining prequels, the makers couldn’t manage to make a decent film. I actually yawned half-way through it. The characters were ½ dimensional. The dialogue was irritating. The baddies were irritating. The Big Bad wasn’t that compelling, big or bad. Kris Kristopherson was wasted, Wesley Snipes looked bored. Can we just say the great washerboard abs displayed by the male Scoobie wasn’t quite enough to make me feel good about the $6.50 I paid to see this movie. I mean, it had some neat fight scenes and gadgets (the Blade boomerang, the fold-up laser batleth). But in the words of my Scooter, it’s sad when a TV show (Angel) with 1/80th of the budget does a better and more creative fight scene. Oh, and the vampires are better too. Yup.

No comments: