Thursday, August 11, 2005

Kilgore Knowledge Update

Well, I lied earlier when I said I didn't know anything else (beyond his views on illegal immigration) about Republican gubernatorial candidate, Jerry Kilgore. I had read this about his support for more scholarships in Virginia and an increase in a grant, VTAG, that has very personal relevance for yours truly. Here's a snippet:
He said his proposal to increase the state Tuition Assistance Grant would encourage attendance at private colleges, relieving some of the crowding at the state's public colleges and universities. The grants would increase from $2,500 per year to $4,000 per year, he said. (Washington Post, 8/3/05, emphasis mine)

This grant is THE ONLY FUNDING (besides loans) that I've rec'd to date. And if this guy gets elected, then I could potentially get a better sword with which to battle the tuition demon next year. Wahoo!

No comments: