Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Morning After

Well, after my first day of school and new job. School went well - lots of homework, but fine. I christened my first day as full-time student by having a cheeseburger combo deal at the school "cafeteria." Very, very yummy, but we'll definitely have to keep that indulgence to a minimum. Mmmm, beef.

Work went well - I was stationed at the info desk. Talk about intimidating. But by the end of the evening, I was actually helping folks find things. I think it was a good first start.

Today in the Post there was a piece on the Weekly Standard's 10th anniversary. Snarky. Read it if you must. What does one expect from a left-leaning publication? Read a good piece in WS about the Minutemen by Matt Labash (good and humorous regular writer for WS), giving some balance to the whole secure borders group (instead of MSM's coverage of the illegal immigrants booster-types).

Anyhoo, gotta go work out and get to school...

No comments: