Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

...well, actually I fell asleep in the living room floor after a late dinner last night and woke up at 4 this morning. Then when trying to sleep IN OUR COMFORTABLE BED, my stupid mind was racing along, making that difficult. I did doze off, only to have to wake up 3 hours later. I was not a happy camper. Actually I was UNPLEASANT. Not Jeff's fault, but he did have to deal with it.

To add insult to injury, that little goo on my lower abdomen that I was finally getting rid of - was back with a vengeance thanks to too much sangria as of late, and having pizza TWICE in one week (can't have just two slices!), and not having worked out AT ALL this week. You know, I may be 41, but my body hasn't been thru the ravages of pregnancy or childbirth, or any other major thing, so what the hell's my problem? Oh, I've answered my own question.

Then, I go to work and have a series of irritations that made me want to just go home and cry. or sleep. both at the same time?

And, I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed about all the stuff we're trying to do: reading, writing, socializing, hosting, etc. It's been good and fun, but kinda crazy.

Not to mention, that heinous amnesty bill is probably going to pass. See the reader comment on my Thomas Sowell post below for the myriad reasons why this is stupid, unworkable, damaging, and the best part: punishes AmCits while rewarding the invaders overrunning the country. Watch our futures end. It would be less disingenuous for "our leaders" to say: we're selling out America; aiding the collapse of the healthcare and other systems; don't give a damn about assimilation or having one language; don't care about patriotism or even if the US survives as a nation. Heck, let's just give it away to whichever squatter happens to find his way into the country by whatever means. So, just suck it up, folks.

Anyhoo, tomorrow will be another day...the bill will still suck, the leadership still missing in action, but my attitude may indeed be better.

No comments: