Thursday, June 21, 2007

This morning...

...I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally, after trying for about an hour and a half, I decided enough already. Better to get up and do something productive rather than lie in bed wide-awake and achieve nothing more than irritability. So, what was that productive activity at 5:30 in the morning, you ask? Well, I threw on clothes and went running in the neighborhood - and then went to the gym to do a weights workout. I know, this doesn't seem possible as it usually takes an act of God to get me going in the morning, but today it all fell into place.

Let me just say that running at that hour of the morning was the most beautiful experience I've had in awhile. It's quiet, calm and fresh, no humidity and the temperature perfect(70s?). The lawns are neatly mowed and green. There are just a few motorists out so it's safe. I ran down streets that I hadn't before and checked out the new houses being built. Oh, if I could rouse myself every morning to do this, I'd be a happy camper.

Now, however, I just want to curl up and go back to sleep.

No comments: