Saturday, September 15, 2007

One of my least favorite things

One of my abiding attitudes is my aversion to depending on others. I really would prefer to just to do everything myself - that way, if things fall through, the only person to blame is myself and I don't have to deal with the "vagaries" of someone else's mentality, schedule, "foibles." Plus, I'm really reliable.

Yesterday, I was pondering this thought as I waited six minutes for the metro; then getting on the escalator at Ballston on the left side, waiting for the two self-absorbed morons in front of me to move along (stand to the right, walk to the left - how difficult a concept is that?) so I could catch my Marymount shuttle, only to get to the pick-up point and see the shuttle drive off, therein leaving me the specter of having to wait for another shuttle, twenty minutes off & making me late for my class. I took a cab instead. I was disgruntled. Not only did I waste precious time, but had the aggravation of seeing my school fees wasted on a system I couldn't count on. Uggh. And $10 for the cab.

Moral of the story: Be self-reliant and avoid depending on others. Sometimes folks come thru, but don't count on it. I'm going to find other ways of getting to/from school that don't involve a lot of waiting around. And invest in a laptop. More on this story as it develops...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually...if I want to make sure I get somewhere on time I will try to leave early....just to make it happen!!! Also, saying excuse me instead of ranting and raving on the inside might have helped as well!!!