Sunday, May 21, 2006

This is how much I count as a good customer

Great. I give my credit card to a local restaurant that we've frequented FOR YEARS in our neighborhood and my card is rejected. Now, gentle readers, do you think that it's because I'm delinquent on my payments? That's a big NO. I usually pay my whole balance each month. I'm regular as rain and taxes. Do you think that I'm over my limit? That's a big NO pardner, I know damn well what my limit is and I'm nowhere near it. Do you think it's because I've made some charges that may be viewed as suspicious? Maybe. A large purchase for household items...yet I reported my change of address weeks ago to my credit card company. So...might it follow that I'm just buying things for our new domicile. Yet, when I call my dear credit card company, they inform me that it's because I changed my business phone on one of the sites. Yet, I've left my home phone unchanged. This is the same home phone I've had FOR TWENTY FUCKING YEARS. Yet a change of my business phone is cause for alarm. And they're just looking out for fraud. My ass.

Yes, I'm embarrassed because I'm lumped with all the knuckleheads who are delinquent on their payments, who hope that the charge will go thru anyway as if by magic. I'm pissed because my buying power is being questioned. I'm not going to school full-time to get thru this stupid degree quicker because I want to live like a human being who's paid her dues over and fucking over again and all I want to do is pay for our dinner with my credit card. You're giving me trouble while LEGIONS get away with real fraud. Congratulations. You caught me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire your rage...your scary, scary rage.