Sunday, August 01, 2004

Juicy Pulsating Candy…of the Past?

Fresh Fields/Whole Foods Market used to carry a brand of chocolate called “Cloud Nine” which was produced in Israel. They had wonderful variations like dark chocolate with bits of peppermint candy, with dried tart cherries, with espresso beans. Having triangles of this chocolate with some good strong coffee was just pretty amazing! Not only an excellent product, but I get to support Israel.

Suddenly, though, they stopped carrying it. A major travesty. They have a web site, indicating that they're still in business - and actually coming out with new products. I zipped off an email asking 1) if they knew why FF/WFM stopped carrying them, and 2) where I could find their products around here. I'll let you know what I discover! I did find out that the company is environmentally positive (visit website here).

Speaking of chocolate, the other night I had a major choco jones and so Jeff & I went downstairs to Euro Cafe to get some. Being the label reader that I am, I perused the saturated fat content of some of the possible choices - big mistake! One Lindt variety had 14 grams of saturated fat; 19 grams total! Gaack! And that was only for a third of the bar! We opted for an After Eight bar with 3.5 grams saturated fat per 1/3. Ignorance is bliss only if you eat celery for the rest of the day.

No comments: