Monday, August 02, 2004

Musings on Monday...

...More like, bitching on Monday, but would you expect any less from me?

I'm pretty certain I've paid for any sins I've committed (therefore, no need for continued Purgatory), I continue to "pay my dues" and thus, still dragging my bum into work day after day in order to pay bills. That's how it feels. I'm getting too old to feel this way day after day.

Now, you can say, I'm also paying for vacations in Key West & you would be right; yet that's a fairly recent thing. You also know part of the problem is my procrastination about applying for schools & my loathing thereof (applying, that is). Have not completed or started applications. Boo-hiss. This will be an ongoing issue.

Well, I not only made gazpacho this Saturday, but then used the leftovers for a hot vegetable soup base on Sunday evening. Both results were good, and I had enough left-over for lunch today.

Paid bills over the weekend. Depressing. So bringing lunch on a regular basis will become mandatory. Nice if I could get to the concept of an emergency fund. Not this month, though.

I started a major purge of old files and reorganizing by year. Amazing how much I threw out, yet there is still substantial clutter and piles in our "study." Realized we need a shredder.

I'm reading The Bookseller of Kabul, which makes me immensely glad I'm an American woman. Gaack, how bleak their lives are in Afghanistan, even after the Taliban. Realized having too many options is infinitely better than having none, ever.

Realized once more today how much I despise meetings, folks who can't grasp the concept of deadlines, and folks who constantly call in sick, always when you need something from them. But, hey, I still have a job.

Realized in spades how much I hate being guilted into or about anything. Enough on that.

Had a vision this morning of the Jeff & moi-meme having dinner out tonight. Jeff shared this vision - yeah!

Going to take an accounting class (for work, on them) and a Spanish class (for fun, on me) in the fall. It's something.

Read a commentary blurb in the Post today lamenting the CDC non-funding of several preventative AIDS programs for teens in DC. Questions: where are the parents? and why aren't they teaching their kids about such things? Is it the Fed's responsibility to tell the little angels to wear condoms so they won't catch a fatal disease? I guess parents are too busy teaching lessons of perpetual victimhood, stupid virility, teen pregnancy and how to get the govts to pay for the little bastards. Ok, enough - go read the thing for yourself and see what you think.

Back to work...

No comments: